The increase in financial fragilities seen in the period following the 2008 Global Financial Crisis and concerns about income inequality have caused new criticisms to the current economic paradigm. In this process, a consensus of opinion that a new perspective is needed to explain the mechanisms of the current economic system has emerged among the world's leading economists. Istinye University Economics Department, through providing you with both a thorough understanding of general economic modeling and a knowledge of newly emerging economic approaches, makes you more equipped to answer challenging questions such as:
- What are the alternative systems to the existing economic systems?
- How will the sharing economy elements such as Blablacar or Coachsurfing affect the current economic system?
- How will Blockchain technology change financial system and shape the global economy?
- Will artificial intelligence transformation be able to generate an alternative economic system through fighting effectively against the fundamental problems such as crises and income inequality?
- What can we learn from the industrial and growth policies of Far Eastern economies such as China and Korea?
- How can a sustainable economic growth be achieved? What might be the strategies that will increase sustainability through artificial intelligence transformation?
In addition, you will prepare for business life through getting mentored by executives prominent in the field within the scope of "Your Mentor is a CEO" program, benefiting from their knowledge and experience and shape your career with this awareness. You will stay one step ahead in the international competition thanks to the courses you can take from our rich repository of elective language courses as well as a high-level English.
You will be the future of economics with the education focused on the current information technologies and alternative economic systems at Istinye University Economics Department!